Huangxi Academy
The Huangxi Academy (traditional Chinese: 磺溪書院; simplified Chinese: 磺溪书院; pinyin: Huángxī Shūyuàn) is a former academy in Dadu District, Taichung, Taiwan.
| Huangxi Academy 磺溪書院 | |
|---|---|
![]() | |
| Location | |
| |
| Coordinates | 24°9′0.4″N 120°32′21.6″E |
| Information | |
| Type | former academy |
| Established | 1888 |
History
The building was originally built in 1888.[1] The building was closed during the Japanese rule of Taiwan. After the handover of Taiwan from Japan to the Republic of China in 1945, the building was sold and many of its objects were stolen.
Architecture
The building was built with late Qing Dynasty architecture of traditional southern Fujian style. Its roof has five sections and six wallow tails.
Transportation
The building is accessible within walking distance south west of Dadu Station of Taiwan Railways.
References
- "Huangxi Academy (Huangxi Temple)". Taiwan, the Heart of Asia. 29 March 2021. Retrieved 3 August 2021.
| Wikimedia Commons has media related to Huangxi Academy. |
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.

