Rue de Tilsitt

Rue de Tilsitt
Shown within Paris
Length 460 m (1,510 ft)
Width 12 m (39 ft)
Arrondissement 8th, 17th
Quarter Faubourg-du-Roule, Ternes
Coordinates 48°52′31″N 2°17′43″E
From 154 Champs-Élysées
To 2 avenue de la Grande-Armée
Construction
Completion 1670
Denomination 2 March 1864

Rue de Tilsitt is a street in the 8th and 17th arrondissements of Paris. It is one of two streets which form a circle around the Place de l’Étoile (renamed the Place Charles-de-Gaulle in 1970) - the other is the Rue de Presbourg. It was named after the Peace of Tilsit by a decree of 2 March 1864 (its spelling with the two final "t"s reflects old German spellings, which tended to double terminal consonants after short vowels).

The Embassy of Belgium in Paris is located on Rue de Tilsitt.


This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.